Keeping active during your time at home is really important. Please find below some ideas to keep your body and minds busy.
Looking for some inspiration to keep the children (or you) entertained at home? Download the Zenzic activity pack which includes our design your own self-driving vehicle competition!
What to do:
1. Download your copy of the activity pack here
2. Print and share with your friends and family too
3. Grab some pens or pencils and design your own self-driving vehicle (page 2 of the pack)
4. To enter the competition send us a picture of your self-driving vehicle design to firstname.lastname@example.org, or tag us @Zenzic on LinkedIn with a picture of your design.
5. Complete the rest of the pack and send us any pictures! (These activities will not count towards the competition)
6. Why not go a step further and make a model of your design from boxes or paper?
We can’t wait to see all your designs and encourage anyone, anywhere, of any age to take part!
The competition will close Friday 22 May 2020 at 5pm BST. We’ll announce winners on Tuesday 26 May 2020 (one aged 0-7, one 8-14 and one 15+). All three winners will receive a Roborace Hot Wheels car in the post (we’ll be in contact to confirm your address). From the three winners, one will be selected at random and will receive a Family Day Ticket for the next Goodwood Festival of Speed. For full T&Cs see Zenzic.io/competition.
Spelthorne Resource Centre Craft Challenges!
Keep an eye out on Spelthorne Resource Centres Facebook Page. They will be setting craft challenges each week, using everyday household items. You can post you picture to receive feedback and be featured in their gallery!
Lunch Doodles! Free online art classes for kids
Celebrated children's book author and illustrator Mo Willems recently announced he'll be hosting free virtual "Lunch Doodle" sessions for children every day at 1 p.m. The author of dozens of household favourites like Don't Let the Pigeon Drive the Bus! and We Are in a Book! is making art accessible to kids who are stuck at home and in need of a little mental stimulation. Episode one can be found here:
National Theatre – Free online
The National Theatre is going to stream a free play every Thursday night
Some of our schools went on a trip to the Roald Dahl Museum and Story Centre in Great Missenden, Bucks. They too have responded to the lockdown, with these activities for families: